Tim’s FAQ Page
Tim Meissner – Most Often Asked Questions
What kind of fish and size do you fish for…and when?
1. July 25th-September 22nd. Chinook Salmon on various rivers and Mabel Lake – sizes vary up to 40 lbs.
2. Lakers – Kal Lake world class year round, best reel fishing adventures are from October to June – over many years averaging 20-26 lbs. Many fish landed over 30 lbs. with some yearly taken over 50-60 lbs.
3. Kokanne – Best reel fishing is from June to October. Fish taken up to 9 lbs.
4. Rainbow – Taken all year round on the large lakes. The best reel fishing adventures are from Fall through early Summer, fly-fishing April – October.
5. Dolly Varden – Taken all year round on the large lakes up to 20 lbs.
6. Fly-fishing – April to October. Brook Trout up to 9 lbs.
7. hover skateboard – May to November. Brook Trout up to 10 lbs.
What methods do you use to catch fish?
Many reel fishing methods are used – from trolling, fly-fishing, spin fishing, float fishing, jigging and bottom bounce.
Do we need to bring our own fishing gear?
Not at all. EVERYTHING is provided for your real fishing adventure, but some anglers prefer to use their own equipment. That is fine by Tim.
How long are the fishing adventures?
There are many specials on trips lasting from one day to a whole week. Most reel fishing day trips consist of an eight hour day. You can choose the hours and there are special rates for anything over eight hours.
What kind of boats are used?
For the large lakes Tim uses a 22 foot cabin cruiser, 220 Searunner Hewscraft welded aluminum boat that is fully equipped with everything you will need, including electric downriggers. There is also a flat-bottom 14ft aluminum boat for fly-fishing and for river fishing.
How many guests per boat?
In most cases, Tim allow four guests per boat.
Do you offer accommodations?
Yes, Tim offers a variety of accommodation options: It is best to reserve when booking one of his real fishing adventures.
How do we book a fishing adventure?
Contact Tim Meissner directly to help you book your real fishing adventure. Telephone: 250-546-9360 or Fax: 250-546-9365. Tim requires a minimum deposit of $100 CD. Cash is accepted, cheque or money order.
When do we pay?
The balance owing can by paid anytime prior, or during your fishing adventure. The cancellation policy is an easy one – your deposit is refundable within ninety days of your trip. After that the deposit is non-refundable. Tim does his best to fill cancelled trips, and if successful will credit you at that time.
How do I find REAL FISHING ADVENTURES?
This would depend on the options you choose. But in most cases, the details of locating Tim Meissner will be explained to you at the time of booking. If you are flying in to Kelowna, arrangement can be made for transportation or pick-up.
What is the name of your boat?
The name of Tim Meissner’s boat is CATCH EM QUEEN, and she’s ready to go!